Jigoku Shoujo

Monday, September 13, 2010
Well, to start off with a snazzy little bang, I thought I would write about this little anime which I recently finished as of Sunday (Season one, I've to watch Season 2 and 3)
This anime is titled "Jigoku Shoujo" in Japanese, the english version is called "Hell Girl" Although English dubbed anime is really terrible because they never actually translate things properly and they voice acting is always down the drains.

The anime is about a girl named Enma Ai (Ai Enma) Who over 400 years ago was murdered by her villiage to satisfy the Moutain God, although Ai came back to life, and burned down the villiage out of revenge. Now as punishment she has to send souls to Hell out of others revenge.

While I was watching this wonderful  anime I really connected to Ai, and through out the entire thing wanted to learn more about her past, and why she had to send souls to Hell. You don't get the change to really learn anything about Ai until the latter episodes.
Most of the anime until the latter episodes is about people who want revenge on one or more individual, and they resort to accessing Hell Hotline which is a connection to Ai who will imidiatly send them to hell, but as price when you die you will be sent to Hell.

The kanji in this image translates to "Your bitterness, I will dispel."
I, personally, found it really interesting to see all the little stories. While some pulled on my heart strings, others left me uncaring about the result.

This anime, I found, was a manifestation of the human want to get revenge, but not do it themselves. I happened to love this anime and will be continueing to watch the 2nd and 3rd seasons as well as the Live Action 12 episode drama.


I'd give this anime a 7/10 because even though it was well made, I didn't like the fact that it was predictable.

0 comments:

Post a Comment