LIFE.

Thursday, June 30, 2011
Recently I watched the jdrama LIFE and then read what I could find of the manga (Which I personally liked a lot more than the drama for personal reasons which may or may not be shared.) I loved them both a lot though as they're realistic and deal with things a lot of people, myself included, deal with in school.

Basically LIFE is about a girl, Shiiba Ayumu, who loses her best friend because of an High School enterance exam. She makes friends with the top girl Anzai Manami and her clique of people. The drama and manga differ a lot so I'll explain them both I suppose. Anzai's boyfriend breaks up with her and she attempts to kill herself to which Ayumu saves her and eventually is acused of stealing Anzais boyfriend kicking her out of their clique. But it doesn't stop there. Ayumu also wouldn't ignore Hatori Miki (favvv character for so many reasons)
One being she's beautiful and a rebel and does 'dangerous' jobs. x3
which made the girls even more angry and Ayumu begins  to be bullied so badly that she goes to kill herself. (Manga through cutting drama through walking infront of a train) Hatori saves her and shows her real friendship.
 Eventually the two of them are caught up in a spiral of infortunate events that are really crazy and help eachother through it with a boy by the name of Sonoda Yuki. Mana tries to get them all killed through her thug boyfriend and such.
This drama, more so the manga though, spoke to me because I was bullied throughout most of my schooling life until Grade 10 and I self harmed like Ayumu to deal with it. Unlike Ayumu though I had to deal with it alone, I didn't have a Hatori to help me and save me from myself and show me how great life really is until Grade 9. Also Ayumus bullying was worse than mine, sure I was shoved around and people called me names like "monster" and "freak" and such and I was always made fun of for self harming, but my desk was never thrown out the window and I wasn't almost killed- at school anyway. Although, now I'm more of a Hatori than an Ayumu. I save people being bullied on and try to show them kindness, even if my kindness can be a little harsh like Hatori's >__< I do try and a lot of people accept me for it.
I really recommend this drama to anyone though it's hard to find because the name is one common word but I found it and watched it on youtube by searching up LIFE jdrama.
I think I'm going to stop avoiding blogging about depressing stuff and just blog about whatever I feel like, o-o Most of which would be rather silly and happy though. xD

0 comments:

Post a Comment