Next year will be better

Saturday, October 30, 2010
Halloween will be tomorrow, and I'm so excited! For me it's the best time of year, better than any other Holiday combined (Yes, even Christmas. It's too stressful.) Although this year I didn't do as well as I had originally planned... x3
I was going to do a cosplay this year of Kagura from Ga-rei but I didn't get a job so I couldn't afford the clothes, chains, and paint for my wooden sword, but I did have a few things at my house so I thought, "Hey, why not make my own character?" and so I did! I made Yomi Kobayashi. I knew I wanted to incorpirate my wooden sword no matter what, and I found my moms trench coat so I put it on, but it was really big on me. I was really disappointed, but then I remembered I had this huge red studded belt in my closet and this vest thing so I put the vest on underneath the trench and the belt on top of it and hung some necklaces from it for little, "Charms and spells" and it looked pretty good :) Yomi's a demon hunter so it worked out really well, I'm proud of myself.
Even though I managed to come up with a costume that still isn't the gist of Halloween, I needed plans! Orginally I was going to go to Coles house, play games, and then go downtown but then I found out that there was going to be gang wars in Downtown Victoria that night so... not going to happen. Don't really feel like being shot ^^ So now instead I think Jenny and me are going to Coles at 11 AM and then Sera's going to come when we're going out to wander in Sidney/trick or treat because she's allergic to cats and doesn't have an inhaler at the moment. <_<
One of the things I love most about Halloween though is school. I love to see others costumes! This year only about half the school dressed up which was really disappointing and it kinda made me angry because come on? It's an excuse to either be your inner self, or dress up completely wild without people judging you too harshly! I'd do it every day if I could!
Out of the people who actually did dress up, I was impressed for the most part at the creativity. There was a great deal of culture too, there were people dressed up as mexicans, and there were people dressed up in Japanese cosplay (I liked those the best!) and then there were those with amazingly realistic gore makeup which put me in awe! I love gore makeup!
People loved my wooden sword too, it was the best part of my costume by far. They loved the trench too, but if I didn't adjust it so much probably not so much x3
I just hope tomorrow turns out okay... fingers crossed! ♥

On a side note apart from Halloween- I watched a anime movie titled Bungaku Shoujo (Literature Girl) and I loved it to bits! It had everything I love in anime: beautiful characters, lovely animation, writing, reading, comedy, a dark aspect, and of course romance! I totally recommend it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment